Hotel Data Conference Global Edition
The first global edition of the Hotel Data Conference is set to hold come 25 March 2021. It will feature 78 speakers across 12 hours and five world regions and is Co-hosted by STR and Hotel News Now with principal sponsor IDeaS. The event tends to offer the industry’s most comprehensive global data agenda.
“We are excited to deliver HDC to the world next week,” said Amanda Hite, STR’s president. “The success of our in-person, U.S.-focused event has grown year after year, and we knew this was a conference that should eventually be expanded to our global client base. The pandemic has only strengthened the need for comprehensive and actionable data insights, and with virtual events the ‘norm’ for now, 2021 was the obvious year to connect attendees from each world region. We’re extremely proud of the diversity of our program and speaker lineup, and we’re confident that the content will be key as industry stakeholders map out their road to recovery.”
In two to three hours of presentations, each region will showcase hotel performance trends, economic updates, and forecast insights for 2021 and beyond. Expert industry panelists are expected to speak candidly about the unique challenges and opportunities in each region.
Key data findings on the agenda include:
- Central and South American hotels find relief in weekend leisure demand;
- New lockdowns have pushed European hotel performance almost to the lows experienced last spring;
- Despite historic reliance on international and long-haul demand, the Middle East is well into the race to recovery
- From Mexican beaches to Canadian ski resorts, outdoor adventures and domestic demand helped drive North America’s recovery; and
- As the first country to feel the effects of the pandemic, China also has been the first to show signs of bouncing back.
Featured panelists and presenters during general sessions include Liam Brown (Marriott International), Patricia Boo (STR), PengSum Choe (Pan Pacific Hotels Group), Isaac Collazo (STR), Hugo Desenzani (Intursa/Hoteles Libertador), Amanda Elder (Kempinski Hotels SA), Thomas Emanuel (STR), Warren Fields (Pyramid Hotel Group), Carlos Flores (Sonesta International Hotels Corporation), Amanda Hite (STR), Xinxin Liu (Huazhu Group), Dimitris Manikis (Wyndham Hotels & Resorts), Jesper Palmqvist (STR), Dillip Rajakarier (Minor Hotels), Robin Rossmann (STR), Adam Sacks (Tourism Economics), Monica Xuereb (Loews Hotels & Co) and Carter Wilson (STR).
The event will be held virtually and only registered guests can attend.